Management is one of the most essential requirements for each and every organization. Without proper management no organization can run smoothly. There is often a constant requirement for management staff in every organization. Employers keep looking for candidates who have good knowledge or experience in the field of management. Thus, the best way to apply for the management jobs is by preparing a perfect management resume. A management resume must contain all the qualities that show your management skills. Thus, a candidate must pay special attention to various aspects while drafting his or her resume.
While drafting a management resume, one must focus on adding all the management related qualities within them in the resume. This will help the employer to understand that you have ample knowledge about the management field and are the right candidate to be selected. The key strengths section in a resume helps in specifying all your strengths that can be used practically for the progress of the organization. Following are some of the most common key strength essential for a management job and often looked up by the employers:
- Good communication skills, both in writing and oral
- Good leadership qualities and ability of handling a huge staff
- Focus on enhancing the client or customer satisfaction
- A good team player who can work together with other employees to achieve organizational goals
- Expert interpersonal skills with ability to work with different people at different levels within the organization
- Nature of adaptability. Can adapt well to changes made within an organization
- Expert analytical skills
- Good knowledge about finance and budgeting
- Expert decision making skills
- Effective working even under pressure
- Effective time management and work prioritizing skills
The above mentioned strengths are some of the commonly viewed qualities in a candidate applying for a management job. While writing a management resume, the candidate must also understand the various job responsibilities for a management job. The responsibilities for management job differ according to the type of the job profile you are into. The accounts manager, area manager, assistant manager, branch manager, business development manager, construction manager, etc., each have different job responsibilities. However, following are some of the common job responsibilities for a management job:
- Managing the staff and solving any inter-staff problems
- Applying of structured change management approach
- Behavioral interviewing
- Business fundamentals and process re-engineering
- Internet research and evaluation
- Negotiation strategies
- Operations concepts
- Purchasing processes and the supply environments
- Retail management
- Business analysis
The knowledge or experience of the above job responsibilities will help you to draft an effective management resume. However, it's also necessary to understand the different sections and points to be added in the resume. Following is a short description of each and every section to be included in your resume:
- Contact Details: This section in the management resume will provide your contact details to the employer. The section is important from the applicant as well as the employer's point of view as it helps the employer to contact the applicant for any further interview procedures.
- Career Objectives: The career objective section in the management resume will contain the job position you are applying along with your career goals. A perfectly drafted career option increases your chances of getting selected. Following is an example of career objective of a management resume: "To obtain a position of accounts manager in your organization where I can expand and utilize my experience for the further progress and smooth functioning of the company."
- Educational Qualification: It is another important section in your management resume that decides your eligibility for the applied job. This section may also contain various certification courses undertaken by you. As you are applying for a management job, a degree in business management is a must.
- Key Skills: This section in the management resume contains all the skills beneficial for a management job. The employers always prefer candidates having good management skills. Thus, a candidate must pay special attention while writing skills that are essential for good management.
- Work Experience: Employers always prefer candidates having good experience for a management job. Thus, the work experience section in your resume is one of the most important sections and increases your chances of getting selected.
The above mentioned sections will help you in drafting a perfect resume. As the management job requires good management skills, it is essential to specify various management related action words in your resume. This shows the employer that you have ample knowledge about management field and are the right candidate to be selected.
Following are the list of management resumes: